This proposal document is an agreement between Author Secret and The Client to undertake the project as detailed on the website and/or on the proposal document.
The Client is defined as any individual or business which has retained Author Secret to carry out services on their behalf.
Duties of The Client
The Client is expected to:
- Act in good faith at all times
- Pay any and all amounts due for the project in full when requested by Author Secret
- Complete Author Secret’s on-boarding sequence and turn over all project information and resources as and when they are requested
- Be available to answer any questions asked by Author Secret that may arise during said sequence
- Be available to give feedback that is clear, reasonable and timely when requested to do so by Author Secret
Duties of Author Secret
In return, Author Secret undertakes to:
- Act in good faith at all times
- Carry out the project as efficiently as possible in a reasonable timeframe as defined by Author Secret’s workflow calendar and communicated to The Client
- Receive and action any feedback from the client that is clear, reasonable and timely as efficiently as possible
- Follow-up with The Client if any of the said feedback is deemed to be done clear and/or reasonable in a timely fashion
- Ensure that all final project deliverables are completed as per the brief negotiated with the Client and in a state that is fit for their intended purpose
- Make any changes that are deemed reasonable within 90 days of the project being signed-off (see the “Cooling-off period” section below)
Timeframe and availability
Author Secret undertakes to complete the project in a reasonable timeframe as defined by Author Secret’s Workflow calendar and communicated to The Client.
Availability cannot be guaranteed until the relevant onboarding sequence has been completed and the project fee has been paid.
Fees and payment terms
- All fees are quoted in US$
- Fees are calculated through the relevant onboarding form and are due in full before the project can begin unless otherwise stated.
- Payment is required to be made through Pay Pal.
- A project start date and our availability cannot be ascertained until the payment has been made and the relevant onboarding sequence has been completed.
- Any extra charges incurred during the project are due upon sign-off of the final project files
- Author Secret reserves the right to withhold handing over project files until full payment has been received
- The Client is liable for any and all extra payments that may arise in aid of the successful completion of this project. Extra fees include but are not limited to:
- The purchase of stock images or the commissioning of illustrations.
- Rush fees incurred if the deadline shifts significantly from the agreed timeframe. Rush fees are determined at the sole discretion of Author Secret.
- Author Secret undertakes to discuss any and all extra fees with the The Client before these costs are incurred. No extra costs will be incurred before approval from The Client has been received.
Once final sign-off for the project has been received, Author Secret undertakes to fix any technical errors which may prevent the manufacture or distribution of the finished project free of charge.
These errors include:
- Technical issues flagged by the printer which will prevent printing
- Technical issues flagged by the ebook store or aggregator which may prevent distribution
Furthermore, Author Secret allows for a cooling-off period of no more than 90 days after the project has been signed-off to fix any further errors free of charge as long as these are considered fair and reasonable.
These errors include:
- Spelling or grammar errors found after sign-off
- Minor changes to the content as requested by the author after sign-off
Fair and reasonable changes are defined as not more than one spelling or grammar error per page on average and not more than 100 words worth of changes per chapter on average.
Author Secret reserves the right to levy extra charges if the changes requested by The Client during the cooling-off period are deemed not be fair and reasonable as defined above. All extra charges will be discussed with the client before these are incurred.
Copyrights, guarantees, indemnity and usage
Author Secret cannot guarantee sales volumes at any time.
Furthermore, Author Secret cannot be held liable for any errors found after 90 days from when the project has been signed-off as defined in the previous section.
Once the project fee is paid in full to Author Secret, any elements of text, graphics, photos, contents, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to The Client for inclusion in the project are owned by The Client.
If applicable, Author Secret will make all open files available to The Client once payment has been made in full and the project has been signed-off.
Author Secret assumes The Client has permission from the rightful owner to use any project resources provided by The Client for inclusion in its materials, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Author Secret from any claim or suit arising from the use of such work.
Author Secret retains the right to display graphics and other project deliverables as examples of their work in their portfolio on their website and or printed promotional material as required.
Jurisdiction of agreement
This agreement becomes effective only when signed by agents of The Client and Author Secret. Regardless of the place of signing of this agreement, The Client agrees that for purposes of venue, this contract was entered into in South Africa and any dispute will be litigated or arbitrated in South Africa.
The agreement contained in this contract constitutes the sole agreement between The Client and Author Secret regarding all items included in this agreement.
This agreement may be amended from time to time but only with the consent of authorised agents from The Client and Author Secret.
If you are looking for privacy information, please see our privacy information page.
Acceptance of this agreement
The Client has deemed to have accepted this agreement once the on boarding form has been completed and received and payment has been made.